Generally, diabetic patients suffer from a great variety of musculoskeletal pain out of which some are subclinical and correlated with other diseases. Many humans with diabetes additionally have fibromyalgia (an arthritis-associated illness that causes extensive muscle and joint pain and fatigue), arthritis or other painful conditions.
What research says?
- Surveys of people with diabetes have recorded a persistent low back pain goes from 20% to over 60% when compared to the non-diabetic people. Usually, people with diabetes include back pain and neuropathy pain within the toes or palms.
- Pain has been proven to intrude with self-control activities, sleep, physical functioning, work, family relationships, temper, and ultimately the quality of life.
- Most of the time pain is often invisible to others, so the circle of coworkers and health-care professionals regularly don’t have any concept when someone is in pain and what they are going through. Many people sense that their physicians don’t recognize it and tell them that they should stay with it.
What is the best remedy for low back pain with diabetes?
- Physical therapy is a great treatment for diabetic people suffering from low back pain. Simple exercise and stretching will reduce the pain and prevent you from suffering further pain.
- Fifth Avenue has trained Physical therapists who will guide you completely and help to increase your quality of life.
About Fifth Avenue
Fifth Avenue Physical Therapy and Wellness was created at the onset of the new millennium in order to bridge the gap between strength and conditioning and rehabilitation. We have 2 clinics in New York (Grand Central & The Hamptons) and provide care to everyone at a level that Olympic athletes receive. The services we offer are physical therapy, acupuncture, yoga, massage and more.
If you’re looking to build yourself up as an athlete, why not take personal training from us? Where better to train than a place that has built up professional athletes to the highest degree.
If you’re in pain and need help or looking for a service we can provide for you and you’re in New York, then please contact us on 212-529-5700. Or you can fill in your details on our contact page and we will get back to you.